What all successful CEOs have in common
Truth be told, there is no step-by-step handbook leading you towards the path to success - if only it were that easy. However, we have discovered that all CEO's have these five things in common. Whether or not you're on your way to becoming a project owner or just looking for that sprinkle of inspo, this list will be your best friend.
- Know the difference between a fixed mindset and a growth mindset. A fixed mindset revolves around the idea that one's character and intelligence is static and predetermined from birth. People with fixed mindsets find success by seeking validation of their traits. A growth mindset believes that one's character and intelligence can be shaped continuously through new experiences, challenges and failure. Alternatively, people with growth mindsets find success in learning and thriving.
- Know what social media mistakes could cost you. Posting unprofessional material, having no social media presence and not filtering past posts could cost you. Who you are on a social platform is who you are to the millions of people on their phone who won't get the chance to meet you in person.
- Carry no fear and doubt. Fear and doubt can become the reason why you never started your big business idea or followed a certain career path. CEO of Health-Ade, Diana Trout preaches, "I've learned that the faster I can let go of fear or doubt that doesn't serve me, the more success I see. There are risks and courage I have to grow into every day."
- Find your Fairy God Mother, aka find yourself a mentor. This can be anyone who you're inspired by who is in a place where you'd want to be in X amount of time. Spend time with them, catch up for coffee and learn off them.
- Persevere. Fall eight times and get up nine they say! Success comes to those who keep knocking at the door until one opens!
- Say a simple thank you. Being appreciative of everyone around you fosters loyalty, creates meaningful relationships and makes you a nice person- it's that easy.
photo credit: mylola.com