The very best cocktails in New York City (& the recipes so you can make them at home!) #notatourist
We’ve done the hard task of going to MANY New York bars, as a part of our #notatourist journey with Visa, to find out what this summer’s hottest drinks are going to be.
Yeah… tough job, right? Below, we have shared a selection of the very best cocktails from our favourite New York City bars along with the recipes, so you can try making them at home this summer. When you're having a go at home, note all recipe quantities are in ounces, but that one ounce is about 29 grams!
‘Show Me State’ from Bar 151, New York City
- 1 1/2 ounce dry orange curaçao
- 1 1/2 ounce orange juice
- 3/4 ounce mezcal
- 1/2 ounce lime syrup(heavy)
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
Garnish with lime wheel DIRECTIONS
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and then add ice (about 5-6 regular-sized cubes, cracked).
- Blend until smooth and pour into a glass.
- Garnish with a floating lime wheel with an American flag standing ceremoniously on top.
Tip - Start with less ice; add more as you blend until you've achieved your preferred texture.
Frozen Moscow Mule from Punch Bar, New York City
INGREDIENTS (Serving: 1)
- 2 ounces vodka
- 3 ounces ginger beer (Bundaberg Ginger Beer is fine!)
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup (1:1, sugar:water)
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Add two handfuls of ice and blend until smooth.
- Serve in a copper mug and garnish with a lime wheel.
The Ace Hotel’s Sangria, New York City
INGREDIENTS (Servings: 6)
- 9 ounces pisco
- 1 1/2 ounce Cherry Heering
- 3 ounces lemon juice
- 18 ounces dry rosé wine
- 1 peach, sliced
- 6 strawberries, sliced
Garnish with half strawberry, slice of peach and a lemon wheel DIRECTIONS
- Soak peach and strawberries overnight in rosé, discarding fruit before use.
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and stir.
- Add ice and fresh slices of peach and strawberry.
Umari Mary at Baro Goto, New York City
INGREDIENTS (Serves 1)
- 1 3/4 ounces shiitake-infused vodka
- 3/4 ounces lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon miso
- 2 ounces tomato juice
- 2 ounces tomato juice concentrate
- 1 pinch red chili essence (optional)
- For garnish - 1 olive
- Combine all ingredients in a highball glass.
- Use a hand mixer to dissolve miso thoroughly.
- Add ice to the glass and stir lightly.
- Garnish with an olive.
Post Modern at Dear Irving, New York City
INGREDIENTS (Serves 1)
- 1 ounce sloe gin
- 5 ounces blended scotch
- .5 ounce lemon juice
- .25 ounce honey syrup (2:1, honey:water)
- Add all ingredients to a shaker, and add ice.
- Shake until chilled and strain into an absinthe-rinsed coupe.
See more #notatourist inspiration and tips from around the globe at www.travelwithvisa.co.nz Click here to visit Visa online for more information on the benefits of travelling with a Visa card.