Whip out your dusty cauldrons, here’s a fool-proof guide to creating mulled wine so good, you’ll want to bathe in it like a Roman God.
We’re not so slowly, and very surely creeping up to the thick of winter, which means it’s a pretty good time to put just about anything you can find into a warming device. Food? Hot. Bed? Hot. Breakfast? Hot. House? Hot. Grog? Hot.
The idea of adding things to cheap wine to make a drinkable in and of itself is revolutionary. So, if you’re thinking of all the ways to fight off the cruel, cruel winter then heart-warming cocktails are a pretty good place to start TBH.
There’s a high chance you’ve paid around $15 for a glass somewhere in Queenstown before, but the beauty of this drink is that it’s likely you already have all the ingredients in your pantry. Oversized jumpers not mandatory but absolutely aesthetically - correct.
- 2 750- ml bottle dry red wine
- 2 c. sugar
- ½ cup blackberries
- 2 oranges cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
- 3 cinnamon sticks + more for garnish
- 24 whole cloves.
- 3 star anise + more for garnish
- Combine all ingredients into a large saucepan or slow cooker, cover and cook on very low heat for an hour, don’t boil!
- Serve with a garnish of extra orange slices and cinnamon sticks.
That’s literally it.
Recipe via Effortless Chic.